Carol Brady (Minus Alice)

Posted by Expert Gadget Reviewer on Thursday 14 February 2008

I feel a little like Carol Brady tonight...without Alice's help or Mike around to offer sound advice about tattling. We're thrilled and honored to have Oonagh's three boys with us for ten days while Oon and Jason head back to England for Mick's funeral (see previous post). The three boys are like our own kids so having them stay with us is not really much of a change in our minds. Just in our pantry.

I was supposed to be working on a toy box today but instead, Grace and I made a Costco run. As Jas put it, it now looks like we're running a restaurant. Add four boys, ages 6, 9, 10, and 11 + Gracie, age 5, and you get, well, the need for a bottomless carton of goldfish and three ketchup bottles hooked together by one of those things that kills sea life.

They're all tucked away right now, sleepover style, in front of the TV watching a movie so I have a few minutes to write. While I should be in the garage, I think I'll just wake up early. It's too cold and dark out there right now.

Scott will be home tomorrow so I'll have my "Mike" back and this "Brady" clan will either enter a crap singing contest or we'll all play football in the front yard and hit someone's car and Scott will give us the lesson in it all. It'll be a Sunshine Day, that's for sure!!!