Lucky Diaz -- Musical Genius and Mod Mom Supporter

Posted by Expert Gadget Reviewer on Tuesday 25 August 2009



A few years back, when I first started Mod Mom Furniture, I posted a note on a site called Apartment Therapy, where loads of design-minded people go for inspiration. A super nice guy named Lucky offered to help me with a marketing piece (for free) that I had attached but wasn't functioning properly so no one could see anything I was talking about. I figured he lived in NYC but after a phone conversation, learned that not only did he live in LA but he loved what I was doing and genuinely wanted to help. That's not something that happens everyday. I built a few pieces for his adorable daughter in exchange for his web design experience. I think I got the better deal out of it. He designed my first fully functioning website in addition to fighting the good fight against some folks who weren't quite on board with what I was doing...without a design degree...in my garage. He's always been a huge supporter and I can't thank him enough for that.

Fast forward to a few years later when I learn that not only is he an amazing visual artist but he's also an extremely talented musician/singer/songwriter. Scott and I went to see him perform a couple of times and sat there in the audience like proud family members.

You couldn't find a cooler guy. A more genuine guy. And I couldn't be more thrilled to promote his album, Rainy Day Dimes. He plays with a group (Hitchcock Soundtracks) and also on his own. He's also coming out with a children's album that I know his five-year-old daughter is thrilled about!

Check out Lucky's music at the following places.

WEBSITE
http://www.luckydiazmusic.com/

FACEBOOK FAN PAGE
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lucky-Diaz/22535180158

LUCKY'S BIO
Lucky Diaz was destined for a life of music. Born in December of 1977, lucky has fond memories listening to radio hits in the backseat of his parent’s Oldsmobile Station Wagon. His biggest influences were and still include music legends like The Beatles, The Velvet Underground, Elvis Costello, Marshall Crenshaw, Joe Jackson and Stevie Ray Vaughn among others.After studying the acclaimed Berklee College of Music, Lucky based himself in Copenhagen, Denmark while touring Scandanvia. He also started composing songs for other artists, producers and various film and television projects.With an innate talent and musical ear, Lucky writes songs that leave the listener moved by their sincere emotion and catchy yet creative tune. Although his roots are firmly placed in Blues and Roots Rock, he draws inspiration from many different lyrical and musical influences. He describes his style as being funky and eclectic appealing to many audiences all at the same time. It is that versatility that has landed his songs in music compilations and feature films.Now back Los Angeles, Ca, Lucky is currently a session guitarist and busy promoting his newest EP Rainy Day Dimes