As Bad as a Mile

Posted by Expert Gadget Reviewer on Wednesday 3 October 2007

It's been a long time since I posted on Deconstructive Wasteland, and it's largely (if not entirely) to do with my complete lack of internet connection. But now I've started studying on the Writing MA at Sheffield Hallam I have access to their ample IT facilities, so I can do more than check emails while perched on a stool in a charging internet cafe. Hence this brief post.

If you're reading this, then, thanks for returning after a month of complete inactivity. This week, two things I've written have appeared online: first, a review of Tim Turnbull's collection, Stranded in Sub-Atomica, is up on Todd Swift's blog Eyewear, and second, my choice for poem of the month at the Philip Larkin Society's site is up, 'As Bad as a Mile'. Aside from that, I'm loving being back in Sheffield, and amid sorting out everything in my new place I've started writing critical perspectives of contemporary authors for the British Council, the first of which will be on Nick Laird, at their indispensible and comprehensive site, Contemporary Writers. Do check it out, as well as the stuff I mentioned above, if you get the chance. That way, if I've said anything that you find completely disagreeable, you can post a comment here and put me in my place. If you're the guy who sent that nonsense about Calvin Harris being a talented musician when I posted to the contrary a few months back, however, you might not want to bother.

In the meantime, I hope to post again soon. And catch up with what's happening on the other blogs I regularly read, most of which can be found in the sidebar. Happy writing.