The Notebook vs. The Garage

Posted by Expert Gadget Reviewer on Sunday 29 June 2008


As you can see, I'm all "Ms. Organization" this week. What the hell is wrong with me that I think it's ok to work like this? (Don't comment on that one, Mom.) At some point, I'll get really sick of the mess and clean/organize it all but only when I feel like I'm not drowning in orders that need to be done by the end of the week. There's some irony for ya! I would probably be faster and get more done if it were organized but I just can't be bothered right now.

Today, I'd planned to build two boxes, cut out parts for a chair, poly an almost finished toy box, and run to the hardware store for supplies while my kids and hubby were off at a friend's house. Ms. Organization managed to build 3/4 of one box and partially poly a toy box. The rest of the time was spent reading the paper, checking email, and sitting on the couch watching the movie, The Notebook cuz I'm a hopeless romantic when I'm not wielding power tools and jig saws. God, how I love that movie. Anyhow, back to me not making furniture.

Tomorrow, I vow to build furniture until my hands bleed (or until I can sneak back in while everyone's gone and watch only the really sexy-romantic parts of The Notebook on Tivo. Don't pretend you don't know what those good parts are cuz I know you do:)