I'm Not the Only Pollyanna...

Posted by Expert Gadget Reviewer on Thursday 10 June 2010

I've had a couple of people mention to me that my attitude has bordered on pollyanaish, regarding the current and forecasted state of the regional and national economy. My response has been:
  1. The alternative is to whine and complain - which nobody listens to anyway.
  2. I've actually seen a slight but consistent upward trend in our business - so I tend to ignore the doom and gloom headlines, and focus on the information instead.
Long segue into my post today - SF Chronicle's article Upbeat outlook on the economy, details the most recent Bay Area Confidence Survey, which shows 63% of local CEOs forecasting that the regional economy will "Get Better".


The article interviewed 5 local executives (including me), and we all were "cautiously optimistic" regarding the immediate future. Feels good to have some company in the Pollyanna corner!